We list the best free crypto analyzing tools for cryptocurrency statistics and on-chain data.
Here, you will find
- Glassnode – Onchain Data from Blockchains
- Altcoin Season Index – Bitcoin VS Altcoin Timing
- Coinmarketcal – Cryptocurrency Calendar
- CryptoQuant – Cryptocurrency Fund Flows
- Coindance – Onchain Data
- 3Commas – Backtesting a strategy
- Coinglass – Derivative data analytics
- Cryptopanic – Crypto news aggregator
- Messari – Crypto research aggregator
- TradingView – Charting Tool and Social Network
- CryptoStats – Fees, DAO Balance, Inflation
- Governance trackers – Tally, Messari, DeepDAO
- Telegram Bots – Ether drops bot, Token unlock bot
- Highest Defi Yields – Nanoley, Stable Fish
- NFT analyzing sites – Crypto Slam, NFT Nerds
1. Glassnode - Onchain Data from Blockchains
Glassnode builds applications that provide new ways of delivering insights into blockchains and cryptocurrencies by focusing on the most critical input source in the space: data from the blockchains.
Onchain data and market indicators
- Exchange Inflow – How much money is going into the exchanges?
- Exchange Outflow – How much money is going out from the exchanges?
- NUPL (Net unrealized profit and loss) – How much of the circulating supply is in loss or profit? If many traders have unrealized profit, it can be a top, and vice versa if many people are sitting in unrealized loss, it can be close to the bottom.
- New and active addresses – Overview of the markets. If there are a lot of new addresses, many newbies are probably entering the market.
- Stock-to-flow Ratio (Following the Bitcoin halvings) – Famous to be used by PlanB.
- Stock-to-flow deflection – When are we overvalued or undervalued compared to the fair value price from Stock-to-flow?
- Stablecoin supply ratio – How many stablecoins are compared to Bitcoin?
Glassnode Stock To Flow
2. Altcoin Season Index - Bitcoin VS Altcoins
The altcoin season index shows the quote ratios of 70 alternative cryptocurrencies to the price of Bitcoin. It can be used by traders as a diversification tool, as well as for forecasting the cryptocurrency market. As the name suggests, this tool is useful to time your funds transfers from Bitcoin to altcoin and vice versa.
The altcoin season index ranges from 0-100 where
- Below 25 = Bitcoin season
- Above 75 = Altcoin season
One strategy is to dollar cost average into altcoins when the index is below 25 and into Bitcoin when the index is above 75.
The Altcoin season index from July 2022 to October 2022 hovered between 6-98.
3. CoinmarketCal - Cryptocurrency Calender
Coinmarketcal is a cryptocurrency calendar that tells you about important upcoming events related to a particular cryptocurrency project.
What are some examples of events upcoming for a cryptocurrency?
Some examples could be partnerships, technical updates, staking support, incoming NFTs, etc.
The community uploads the events, and the community verifies each event. Fake events will get downvoted.
4. CryptoQuant - Bitcoin and Altcoin Fund Flows
Cryptoquant is a data analytics website that give you graphic illustrations for BTC and ETH, and altcoin fund flows.
If traders are moving funds into an exchange, the intention could be to sell them and vice versa.
Some necessary charts from CryptoQuant
- All exchange’s netflow (in or out) – If the netflow into exchanges is high, a potential selloff might come up.
- Miners data – If the miner’s outflow is high a miner dump might be upcoming.
5. Coindance - Onchain Data
Coindance is a great place to analyze hash rates, network nodes, transaction data, and much more.
In addition, you can easily see crypto adoption in various countries since you can break down blockchain data per country.
Global Bitcoin Legality is presented with a world map and colors for each country where it is legal or illegal.
6. 3commas - Crypto Trading Bot
With 3commas, you can backtest a crypto trading strategy against historical price data.
Remember, historical performances don’t relate to future returns.
There is a possibility to simulate something in real time with play money via paper trading (paper trading on 3commas does not simulate liquidity and order books – not a problem for liquid markets or small-amount trading).
Read more about crypto technical analysis.
7. Coinglass - Derivative data analytics tools
Coinglass gives you derivative trading data to form your strategy.
- Includes futures and options funding rates
- See how many traders are long VS short
- Total liquidations across the markets (how many did get rekt from a sudden move in the market?)
- You can check Greyscale fund flows – Good barometer for institutional fund flows
- All futures exchanges orderbooks in one place
8. Cryptopanic - Crypto News Aggregator
Cryptopanic is one of the best crypto news aggregators. This tool aggregates many trusted crypto trading news sites and can save you hours from browsing the news sites yourself.
9. Messari - Crypto Research Aggregator
Messari is one of the best crypto research aggregators.
You can use Messari for many different purposes, including
- Great to find a hidden gem altcoin
- What is trending in the markets, scout new coins, and analyze them
- A data-driven approach to identify altcoin prospects
- Messari screener – sort coin data through customized filters like illiquid markets, volatility, sectors, transaction fees, and more
- Sort gems by sector
- Wash trading issue tool – Messari has created a list of 10 trusted exchanges
10. Tradingview - Charting Tool and Social Network
Tradingview is a cloud-based charting social network.
Some crypto TA experts and how they allocate their portfolio.
Can easily get an overview if the majority of the traders are bullish or bearish
Read more in our Tradingview review.
11. CryptoStats - Fees, Balance and Inflation
Crypto bundle of analyzing tools from Cryptostats.
Cryptofees tells you how much users have paid in fees in the last 24 hours and the last seven days.
Remember that high transaction fees do not correspond to high demand since each transaction can cost a different price among the cryptocurrency networks.
Openorgs lists what each DAO has on its balance sheet.
You can see the treasury for each project and what cryptocurrency they hold.
Gasfees tells you the transaction fees on most native blockchains, both in the native coin and in USD.
12. Governance Trackers
A governance tracker can help you to check when proposals will be passed so you can sell the news.
Tally Governance Tracker
Tally will show you the most active DAOs on Ethereum, Polygon, Avalanche, Optimism, and Arbitrum. All the DAOs with active proposals will show up.
- See the governance process for each DAO
- Top voters in each DAO and voting power
- You can create your proposal
- Keep track of any selling pressure (for upcoming proposals and selling the news)
Messari Governance Tracker
Messari proposal tracker gives you an overview of the most active DAO and all the preliminary discussions before it is a passed proposal.
DeepDAO Governance Tracker
DeepDAO governance tracker can be used to sort a project by treasury value, token holders, and active voters.
You can see discussions and proposals in real-time on the DAO feed.
13. Telegram Bots
Ether Drops Bot
Ether drops bot makes it possible to receive a telegram message when
- Changes in prices
- When a token is sent
- When the liquidity is changed
- Track specific wallets like the whales
Supports the chains Ethereum, Polygon, Fantom, Avalanche, Binance smart chain
In the free version, there is a limit on how many items you can track and how many messages you can receive.
Token Unlock Bot
Token unlock bot can track when early investors and the team can unlock their initial investment. A large unlock almost always lead to a large sell pressure.
There are only 2 info to set on the token unlock bot
- Unlock info – set unlock dates for the coins and tokens the bot support
- Alert – set alerts for a coin or a token
14. Highest Defi Yields
Two of the most valuable tools for finding the highest yield to earn passive income on your crypto holdings.
Nanoly keeps track of almost any yield on any Defi platform. Here, you can sort by yield and by total value lock.
A simple rule is
- A low TLV or very high APY = Extremely high risk
- High TVL and normal/low APY = Less risk than above
Also, check: how long the protocol has been around, audits, any historical hack, and the inflation rate.
Stable fish tracks yield opportunities for stablecoins.
Here, remember the APY, TVL, and blockchain risks previously discussed. Also, consider how the yield is paid since you often receive it in a small volatile token.
15. NFT analyzing sites
Two of the best NFT analyzing sites.
Crypto slam is an excellent tool for analyzing NFTs. Some things you can do are
- Check NFT prices
- Dedicated tab for fan token
- Show the number of buyers and number of transactions for an NFT
- Spot bad NFT collections with few buyers and few transactions
- Watch the popularity of a specific NFT
NFT nerds supply detailed data on mints and trades on ETH in real-time.
New NFT collections minted on every block
Buy instantly via the premium service.