As we carry on presenting top cryptocurrency price predictions, we cannot overlook Stellar Lumens price predictions. The project is around since 2014, and it is definitely one of the most known finance-focused open-source platforms in the market.
Therefore, we will bring you an insight into what you can expect from Stellar in the coming months as well as what it stands for.
What is Stellar XLM?
According to the official website, Stellar (XLM) is an ecosystem developed to connect banks, payment systems and individual users to create an environment for quick, reliable, and cheap cross-border payments.
As such, Stellar is a top Ripple (XRP) competitor since it, basically, does the same thing as XRP. However, Stellar values decentralization much more than its main competitor.
The basis for the technology is, of course, blockchain with Lumens (Stellar’s cryptocurrency with the ticket XLM) at the center of the system. The technical capabilities of Stellar’s network are as follows:
- Real-time settlement (2-5 seconds)
- Cryptographically secure transactions
- Regulatory compliance
- Payments that move like email
- International reach with a single integration
- Micropayments: A $0.01 fee handles ~600,000 transactions
- Automatic currency exchange
What is important from the investor’s point of view is that Stellar Lumens is, currently, sitting at the 12th spot according to the market capitalization with the price of $0.10 per coin.
In January 2018, during the already famous bull run, Stellar surged to it’s all-time high of $0.88, since which, like it is the case with many other cryptocurrencies, the price has declined by 88%.
Stellar Lumens roadmap and adoption
Since Stellar aims to improve and replace the traditional financial system, the most important thing is perfecting the product to enhance the product’s effectiveness through upgrades and implementations. Therefore, let’s take a look at Stellar’s roadmap and dissect what has been and what is yet to be done.
When Stellar’s ecosystem is concerned, we can divide it into three vital parts:
- Horizon – an API server used to communicate with the system.
- Stellar Core – the heart of the network. The software which is used by nodes to reach the consensus and validate transactions.
- The product – Encompasses everything from the Apps on the network to other open-source tools which can be used on Stellar.
In order to make this article more comprehensive, we are going to present the roadmap for each of these aspects of the system separately.
- Technical spec for Core/Horizon API (Q2) – defining a schematized API for how Horizon fetches data from stellar-core, with the real implementation scheduled later in 2019.
- Bringing Horizon SDKs to parity with Horizon server (Mid/Late Q2) – adding a full Horizon server feature support to each of the ones we maintain.
- Whittling down the Github PR and issue backlog (Ongoing) – reducing the backlog of PRs and issues in Github from 2018 and earlier.
- Improving decentralization while preserving performance (Q2/Q3) – improving data access to stellar-core’s database (by implementing batching and prefetching).
- Making node management faster and easier (Q2/Q3) – eliminating exposure of unreachable peers to speed up connection times, developing ways to define and measure peer quality so that people can better understand network topology, and defining and measuring quorum quality to make it easier for people to create safe quorums.
- Make Better Tools (Q1/Q2) – reworking the Dashboard and the Laboratory to make them more useful.
- Redesigning Stellar.org (Q2)
- Creating an open-source Wallet SDK (Q2) – making Stellar easier to build on, and strengthening the network.
- Improving Kelp (Q2/Q3) – trading bot library designed to make it easy to make markets on Stellar.
- Starlight development (Q2/Q3) – Lightning-like payment channels.
List: Top 4 Best Stellar Lumens price predictions!
1. Atomic (Atomic wallet): Stellar Lumens (XLM) Price Prediction 2019
In their article dedicated to Stellar’s Lumens (XLM), Atomic states that the crypto asset indeed holds a lot of growth potential.
Therefore, for 2019, the wallet’s online price forecast outlet states their belief that XLM can reach the price of $0.3 or $0.4 until the end of the 3rd fiscal quarter, further predicting that XLM can even become “one of the top cryptocurrencies in 2019.”
For 2020, Atomic says that XLM can reach $0.6, easily. The foundation for that claim is seen in the fact that Stellar has signed partnerships with the likes of SatoshiPay, Hashcash, and Mobius.
2. CoinSwitch: Stellar Lumens Price Prediction 2019, 2020, 2025
CoinSwitch is even more optimistic when XLM is concerned. They predict that the price per coin may rise by the full 510% to $0.61 until the end of 2019.
For a long-term, and also backed by the signed partnerships, CoinSwitch forecasts that XLM is able to jump to a new all-time high of $1 during 2020. However, they do state that it is the most optimistic possible prediction, but emphasize the possibility of Lumens going up to around $0.77 as a more realistic forecast.
For all those waiting for XLM to skyrocket, CoinSwitch quotes some sources that say that the coin may even surge to $5 until the end of 2025. Still, the article takes a more modest prediction and, realistically, see Lumens reaching the price of $1.14 by the end of the mentioned year.
3. Beincrypto.com: (XLM) Stellar Lumens Price Prediction 2019 / 2020 / 5 Years (Updated 05/06/19): XLM/USD Above $0.10!
Contrary to other sources, Beincrypto believes that XLM will move horizontally until the end of the year, which means fluctuating between $0.07 and $0.2.
However, the outlet digs deep into technical analysis and finds that around the end of this year or the beginning of the next, Lumens could be skyrocketing towards the $5 mark.
Interestingly enough, Beincrypto.com takes a radical turn for their 2020 price prediction. They forecast that XLM could break all records by rising more than 34000%, which would set its price between $35 and $45.
4. Wallet Investor: Stellar Lumens Price Prediction, XLM Forecast
Wallet Investor is the source which keeps their predictions of XLM price in the most bearish area possible. They forecast that the asset may drop by 91%, setting its price at $0.009. Moreover, completely opposite to all other prediction outlets, Wallet Investor clearly states that Lumens may not even rebound and thus, not reach $1 within a year.
Still, this source presents the chart by which XLM will bounce back towards $0.2 at the beginning of 2020, but as they see the overall trend as bearish, so they forecast that the bounce will be only temporary and it will sink back towards the $0.009 bottom.
Summary Top 4 Best Stellar Lumens Price Predictions 2019
In the end, we will present the table with all the most interesting predictions along with the average for 2019 and 2020.